Vision, Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to be a global partnership that will strengthen the global IT profession and contribute to the development of strong international economies by:
- defining international standards of professionalism in IT;
- creating an infrastructure that will encourage and support the development of both IT practitioners and employer organizations, and give recognition to those who meet and maintain the required standards for knowledge, experience, competence and integrity.
To carry out this mission, IP3 works closely with our member bodies and partners who share our commitment to creating a sound global IT profession.
- A vigorous program to promote professionalism in IT, define international standards and create a global infrastructure that will encourage and support the development of both practitioners and employer organizations.
- An international IT profession, equivalent in prestige and structure to other established professions such as law, accountancy and medicine.
- The creation of a worldwide set of professional certification schemes recognized as the hallmark of true IT professionalism, delivered through independent national member societies and supported by development frameworks for both individuals and organizations.
- A program which reaches beyond the developed world to encourage and facilitate the development of IT capability within emerging nations.
The following organizational core values define the enduring character of IP3. These values are fundamental and primary and throughout the changes in IP3’ organization these core values will remain a constant:
- Knowledge and Thought Leadership
- Standards Setting
- Sharing Information
- Commitment to Quality and Value of Service
- Global Collaboration
- Global professional association participation
- Openness with all stakeholder groups
- Actively assist developed and developing nations
What will IP3 Success Look Like?
A more mature IT profession that is demonstrating leadership in advancing and improving the quality of IT delivered products and services through the responsible and progressive application of IT standards in the global context,