Strategic Outcomes and Objectives
While IP3 has three principle aims, namely:
- promoting, communicating and championing the importance and benefits of IT professionalism;
- facilitating the development of the necessary professionalism by providing, information, guidance and support; and
- establishing a body of standards underwritten with the unique international credibility of IFIP,
it also seeks to influence various economic and social outcomes.
The illustration below provides an indication of the broader outcomes that IP3 would like to influence through the delivery of the services identified in the centre circle.
The IP3 2009 Strategic Business Plan has identified the following Strategic Themes:
- Theme 1: Ensure long-term organizational stability
- Theme 2: Recognized as the international professional standards setting and accrediting body
- Theme 3: Establish business driven market pull for professional certification from the broader IT community
- Theme 4: Recognized and influential voice for the global IT profession
- Theme 5: The creation of a global infrastructure that will encourage and support the development of both practitioners and employer organizations and gives recognition to those who meet and maintain the required standards for knowledge, experience, competence and integrity.